Virtualization has dramatically improved data center agility, efficiency, and resource availability. By decoupling the data and applications from the physical resources they run on, IT organizations have the flexibility to manage resources in new ways that allow them to meet changing workload demands. Although server virtualization is the most common use case, the principles of virtualization can apply to any IT resource—including storage, networks, applications, and operating systems. A fully orchestrated virtualized infrastructure can respond quickly to new application demands and service requirements, because IT is not constrained by a predetermined relationship between services and physical hardware.
How Can Virtualization Benefit My Organization?
With correct methodology, virtualization can:
- Increase server, network, storage and application resource utilization
- Increase operational efficiency and responsiveness to business units
- Reduce rack footprint, power and cooling costs
- Centralize management and reduce administrative costs
- Reduce Recovery Point Objective and Recovery Time Objective
- Increase security and data protection
- Create a more scalable and reliable IT environment
- Improve product lifecycle management
- Lower total cost of ownership
Why InterVision for Virtualization?
- Experience implementing hundreds of enterprise-wide virtualization initiatives for customers
- Expertise designing and deploying converged architectures, including FlexPod, HDS UCP, and HP VirtualSystem
- Close relationships with the leading virtualization partners and specialized expertise with their solutions, including VMware, Citrix and Microsoft
- Systems engineering staff with specialized expertise across key IT disciplines, including networking, storage, virtualization, security and enterprise applications
- Specialized expertise in Backup and Disaster Recovery of virtualized IT environments
What IT Resources can Be Virtualized?
Servers: Server virtualization can consolidate several physical machines into one server running multiple virtual environments. This can eliminate server sprawl, increase server utilization, and significantly reduce capital and operating expenses. InterVision’s virtualization experts design and deploy a consolidation strategy based on best-in-class virtualization solutions and technologies.
Desktops: Virtual desktops can make it easier to get new computers up and running, simplify desktop management, improve security, and reduce hardware, software and resource costs. InterVision can help you choose the right infrastructure and software to create a dynamic virtual desktop infrastructure solution that improves application performance and efficiently utilizes resources.
Storage: Storage Virtualization is the separation of logical storage from physical storage so that it may be accessed without regard to physical storage or heterogeneous structure. Virtualization of storage helps achieve location independence by abstracting the physical location of the data. The virtualization system presents to the user a logical space for data storage and handles the process of mapping it to the actual physical location.
Network: With software-defined networking, virtualization principles are applied to network resources, abstracting, pooling and automating them to overcome the limitations of physical architectures. Network services are assigned to each application and remain with it, adapting to its changing requirements.
Applications: Application virtualization encapsulates application software from the underlying operating system on which it is executed. A virtualized application behaves like it is directly interfacing with the original operating system and all the resources managed by it, but can be isolated or sandboxed to varying degrees.
InterVision Virtualization Services
InterVision’s team of technical experts understand how to implement a virtualization strategy that improves efficiency and flexibility, and projects your data. We can help you:
- Use state of the art evaluation tools to understand the optimization profile for your IT environment
- Identify opportunities for consolidation and cost reduction
- Determine which products and services produce an architecture that meets your application performance and data availability needs
- Architect, design and implement a virtualization solution that best fits your enterprise and business requirements
Click to view InterVision’s virtualization and compute partners.